Front-end Engineers (Budapest)
You are part of an Agile team working to realise front-end applications for web, mobile, set-top box, Smart TV, media player and game console. But there’s more to the job than that. You are involved with all facets of the process, from pitch to Quality Assurance. Your input is appreciated on all fronts.
We’re offering you an exciting new challenge including state-of-the-art coding and excellent short term career opportunities. On top of that we’re offering a good salary, a solid package of secondary employment conditions and the opportunity to develop in an innovative environment with international projects. But what’s even more important – we’re offering you a job that’s sure to put a smile on your face, throughout your working day!
Your day as a front-end engineer @TWC
- starts anywhere between 9:00 and 10:00 with Nespresso coffee
- you collaborate with the design team and the lead engineer to decide on the choices to be
made in order to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project during the development process of applications, you continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests
- using, amongst others, Jira, Slack, BaseCamp, Skype, Git and Scrum boards, you communicate with all stakeholders and you keep overview and control over projects
- you provide clients with clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint
- after the go-live, you monitor everything in collaboration with all parties concerned. What are the clients saying, the end users and the measuring systems? What points of improvement can be learned and implemented in the next release?
TWC your new employer?
TWC, founded in 2009, is a leading digital agency in the field of next generation TV. This means that we collaborate with companies like The Walt Disney Company, HBO, Sony Pictures and Liberty Global to realise their international ambitions. We do this mainly through creating custom live & on-demand video applications for web, mobile, set-top box, Smart TV, media players and game consoles.
We offer (amongst other things)
- a full-time job, starting asap, that will put a smile on your face
- a 40 hour working week with the possibility of occasionally working from home
- a competitive salary
- ample career growth opportunities. This means that at some point, the opportunity may arise for you to become Team Lead or Technical Project Manager of the Smart TV Team
- travel allowance
- trips to our Amsterdam and Los Angeles offices
- an easy-to-reach office in Budapest, close to Ferenciek tere
- possibility of travelling / temporary relocation to Amsterdam (TWC headquarters) or Los Angeles
- opportunities and budget for additional training, participation in internal R&D projects and events/seminars
- an eye on your work life balance
- company laptop
And as a bonus you get
- an open and informal atmosphere in our fantastic offices in Amsterdam, Budapest and Los Angeles
- a chance to do what you’re good at and become good at what you do
- after-work drinks, and legendary excursions abroad
- and last but not least: great co-worker professionals you can game with in the office
The ideal front-end developer for TWC has
- talent, ambition and passion
- a relevant university-level education
- 5+ years relevant work experience, preferably also in the digital media industry
- preferably experience with OTT, TV Everywhere, Video Streaming services
- experience with NodeJS / NPM / Grunt, Coffee script, PHP, Ruby / Python, Xamarin or Phone Gap would be nice
- strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- a good command of the English language in a work setting
– Processes: Differs per project, builds are mostly grunt and in general deployments are done by means of Git flow hooks and Jenkins (automated building/deployment scripts)
– Testing standards / tooling: no specific tooling, on smart tv hardware this is complicated to effectuate
Are you feeling happy yet?
If you’ve got a big smile on your face after reading about starting work at TWC, and you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then send us your CV and motivation via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like more info or have a coffee with a possible future colleague, let us know and one of our developers or project managers will get in touch with you on a no-obligations basis.
Will facebook Watch replace linear TV? TV nowadays is still a mostly linear experience, and hasn’t seen any dramatic changes since it’s haydays in the 80s and 90s and maybe even the 00’s.The main concept still consists of: ‘get a subscription at a cable operator, turn on your TV set and zap until you find […]
Hulu’s new IOS app
Hulu launched its new Live TV service earlier this May. The service was separated from their regular on-demand app and contained a completely new app. This makes the Hulu service much more complete and user-friendly. The on-demand subscription will add an additional $8 or $12 dollars (without commercials) extra on top of the $40 fee […]