Front-end Engineers (Budapest)
Your day as a front-end engineer @TWC
- you collaborate with the design team and the lead engineer to decide on the choices to be
made in order to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project during the development process of applications, you continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests
- using, amongst others, Jira, Slack, BaseCamp, Skype, Git and Scrum boards, you communicate with all stakeholders and you keep overview and control over projects
- you provide clients with clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint
- after the go-live, you monitor everything in collaboration with all parties concerned. What are the clients saying, the end users and the measuring systems? What points of improvement can be learned and implemented in the next release?
We are TWC
We are a tech savvy agency and passionate about groundbreaking video applications. We’ve been enjoying ourselves at the forefront of the OTT and TV Everywhere Industry for over a decade, pioneering in Mobile, Connected TV and other emerging platforms. We partner with clients in media, entertainment and technology to craft amazing consumer experiences all over the world. Our bespoke design and development services are used by the likes of Disney, IBM, HBO, Samsung and many other leading businesses and brands. Founded in 2009 and rooted in digital, you can find our always growing team operating from our offices in Amsterdam, Budapest and Los Angeles.
We offer (amongst other things)
- a full-time job (40 hours) at our office in Budapest
- a competitive salary
- ample career growth opportunities. This means that at some point, the opportunity may arise for you to become Team Lead or Technical Project Manager of the Smart TV Team
- a beautiful top floor penthouse office in the city centre of Budapest, with office bar and rooftop terrace jacuzzi!
- opportunities for additional training, participation in internal R&D projects and attending external events/seminars/conferences
- company laptop
- an eye on your work life balance
- a chance to do what you’re good at and become good at what you do
- after-work drinks, game nights and regular business trips to the Amsterdam head office
- legendary team excursions to surprise destinations in Europe
- an open and informal atmosphere in our fantastic offices in Amsterdam and in Budapest
- and last but not least: great co-worker professionals that make your day
Our ideal front-end engineer has
- talent, ambition and passion
- a relevant university-level education
- 5+ years relevant work experience, preferably also in the digital media industry
- preferably experience with OTT, TV Everywhere, Video Streaming services
- experience with NodeJS / NPM / Grunt, Coffee script, PHP, Ruby / Python, Xamarin or Phone Gap would be nice
- strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- a good command of the English language in a work setting
– Processes: Differs per project, builds are mostly grunt and in general deployments are done by means of Git flow hooks and Jenkins (automated building/deployment scripts)
– Testing standards / tooling: no specific tooling, on smart tv hardware this is complicated to effectuate
Are you feeling happy yet?
If you’ve got a big smile on your face after reading about starting work at TWC, and you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then send us your CV and motivation via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like more info or have a coffee with a possible future colleague, let us know and one of our developers or project managers will get in touch with you on a no-obligations basis.