Android Engineer (Amsterdam)
We’re looking for an Android engineer, who is an excellent all-round programmer with good understanding of Software Architecture, and who can transform Interaction & Visual Design into a fantastic User Experience. You are part of an Agile team working to realize native applications for a multitude of Android based platforms. You are involved with all facets of the process, from pitch to Quality Assurance. Your input is appreciated on all fronts.
Your day as an Android engineer @TWC
- you collaborate with the design team and the lead engineer to decide on the choices to be made in order to achieve the User Experience that is appropriate for the goals of the project during the development process of applications, you continuously deliver builds for internal and external tests
- using, among others, Jira, Slack, BaseCamp, Skype, Git and Scrum boards, you communicate with all stakeholders and you keep overview and control over projects
- you provide clients with clear explanations on (interim) deliverables and translate their feedback into the next sprint
- after the go-live, you monitor everything in collaboration with all parties concerned. What are the clients saying, the end users and the measuring systems? What points of improvement can be learned and implemented in the next release?
We are TWC
We are a tech savvy agency and passionate about groundbreaking video applications. We’ve been enjoying ourselves at the forefront of the OTT and TV Everywhere Industry for over a decade, pioneering in Mobile, Connected TV and other emerging platforms. We partner with clients in media, entertainment and technology to craft amazing consumer experiences all over the world. Our bespoke design and development services are used by the likes of Disney, IBM, HBO, Samsung and many other leading businesses and brands. Founded in 2009 and rooted in digital, you can find our always growing team operating from our offices in Amsterdam, Budapest and Los Angeles.
We offer (amongst other things)
- a full-time job (36-40 hours) at our office in Amsterdam (HQ)
- flexible working hours, i.e. travelling after rush hour
- a competitive salary and a pension scheme in place
- 24 vacation days
- the possibility of occasionally working from home
- travel allowance (if eligible)
- the option to travel to our Budapest office from time to time
- opportunities and budget for additional training, events and seminars
- a company laptop
- the chance to join an international team
And as a bonus you get
- an eye on your work-life balance
- everyday a fresh and healthy lunch together with your colleagues
- an open and informal atmosphere in our fantastic offices in Amsterdam and in Budapest
- after-work drinks and/or game nights, if you’re in to that kind of thing
- a legendary yearly team excursion to a surprise destination in Europe
Our ideal Android developer has
- a Bachelor level degree. A computer science degree is highly desirable
- 3+ years relevant work experience, preferably also in the digital media industry
- solid demonstrable knowledge of Software Architecture patterns
- a (demonstrable) keen nose for code smell and knowledge on how to avoid it
- experience with Java/Kotlin
- preferably experience with Gradle/RxJava/Room/Dagger
- a good command of the English language in a work setting
- Tech stack: Android Studio / GIT
- Processes: Differs per project deployments are done by means of Git flow hooks and Jenkins or AppCenter (automated building/deployment scripts)
- Testing standards / tooling: Expected to provide unit tests, expected to use code lint
Are you feeling happy yet?
If you’ve got a big smile on your face after reading about starting work at TWC, and you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then send us your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (AMS) or email@example.com (BUD). If you’d like more info or you want to speak to a possible future colleague, let us know and one of our developers or project managers will get in touch with you on a no-obligations basis.